Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 43rd Annual General Meeting of the Pottsville District Bowls and Sports Club Limited (trading as Pottsville Beach Sports) will be held in the club premises situated at Lot 479 Coast Road Pottsville on Sunday, 5th November 2023, commencing at 9.30 am.
- Welcome – Introduce Simon Byrne (Auditors)
- Confirmation and adoption of the minutes from the 42nd Annual General Meeting held Sunday, 13th November 2022.
- Business arising from the Minutes.
- Questions in writing received seven days before this AGM concerning the Club’s accounts – auditor’s response.
- To receive and consider the Chairman’s Report, Directors’ Report, Financial Statements, and Auditor’s Report for the year ended 30 June 2023.
- Confirmation of continued patrons Bob Shaw and Narelle Tait.
- Voting on One Special resolution: 1)Adopt to change the number of directors of the club to seven (7)
- Confirmation of Auditor Kothe’s 2023/24
- Members to appoint the Returning Officer for 2023/24
- Declaration of Directors: Chairman, Two Deputy Chairmen and six (6) Director – by the Returning Officer
- General Business
Members, please note:
- Nominations for the office of Director, duly completed in accordance with the constitution, must be in the hands of the General Manager by 13th October 2022 by 5:00 pm. Nominations open 14 days prior.
- Nomination forms are available from the General Manager.
- All questions relating to the financial statements must be handed to the General Manager no later than seven days prior to the Annual General Meeting (i.e., 30th October 2023) to enable answers to be prepared by the company Auditor and/or General Manager.
- All Members are encouraged to access the minutes and Annual Reports from the website before the AGM.
- Special resolution – ‘Change the number of directors from nine (9) to seven (7)’ will be voted on the day of the AGM and will require a minimum of 75% in favour to pass the motion.
Copies of the 2021-2022 Minutes, 2023 Annual Report and Special Resolution will also be available at the AGM and on the Club’s website (under members) SOON.
By order of the Board of Directors